39th VI-HPS Tuning Workshop (POP CoE) - Online
Monday 19th - Wednesday 21st April 2021
The workshop will be held online, using the Zoom videoconference platform.
This workshop is targeted to students, researchers and professionals who want to acquire the skills to analyze the performance of their own codes.
It is primarily aimed at women and underrepresented groups in the HPC community, and will be taught and supported by an all-female team.
Some basic knowledge of HPC environment, MPI and/or OpenMP is required to follow the course. The workshop will be held in English.
Register via the course website.
The number of participants is limited, early registration will open on 1st March only for female and underrepresented groups in the HPC community until Friday 9th April.
If there are free places remaining, from Friday 9th of April to Friday 16th of April registration will be open to the general public.
This workshop organised by VI-HPS, the POP CoE project and NAG WHPC chapter will:
- give an overview of the POP CoE methodology
- explain the functionality of POP and VI-HPS performance tools, and how to use them effectively
- offer hands-on experience and expert assistance using the tools on your own application or provided examples and benchmarks
On completion participants will be familiar with the fundamentals of HPC performance analysis and will be able to use the POP performance analysis methodology and tools to better understand the performance of their code. Those who prepared their own application test cases will have been coached in the tuning of their measurement and analysis, and provided with optimization suggestions.
- Zoom app (recommended)
- SSH client (to connect HPC systems)
- X Server (enabling remote visual tools)
The workshop is organized in 3 days, with lectures and demos in the morning and hands-on sessions in the afternoon. It will run from 09:00 CEST to not later than 16:00 CEST each day, with breaks.
|Day 1:||Monday 19 April|
|Introduction to HPC Performance Analysis and BSC tools|
|Day 2:||Tuesday 20 April|
|Intro to JSC tools and the POP methodology
|Day 3:||Wednesday 21 April|
|The POP Methodology in action
The workshop will be taught and supported by an all-female team from POP CoE and VI-HPS:
- Marta Garcia-Gasulla (Barcelona Supercomputing Center)
- Judit Gimenez (Barcelona Supercomputing Center)
- Sandra Mendez (Barcelona Supercomputing Center)
- Fouzhan Hosseini (Numerical Algorithms Group)
- Christina Mühlbach (TU Dresden)
- Anara Kozhokanova (RWTH Aachen University)
- Anke Visser (Jülich Supercomputing Center)
- Radita Liem (RWTH Aachen University)
Hardware and Software Platforms
Tuning Workshop Series
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
RWTH Aachen University